In any kitchen, the most important area to focus on is the sink. It may not be considered a focal point in some homes, but it should be given high priority. In this article we will go over how you can choose Kitchen Renovation services and packages in Singapore.
So you’ve recently purchased your own HDB resale and intend to modify it to your liking. Let’s talk about kitchens today. How much would a kitchen renovation set you back? In Singapore, this is a relatively prevalent concern among homeowners. Whether you want to refurbish your entire kitchen or just parts of it, you need to know the specifics of what you’ll be spending.
HDB resale kitchen renovation rules
Before you begin upgrading any part of your HDB, you must first familiarize yourself with the government’s rules in order to avoid any unwelcome surprises. While there are certain general guidelines, such as the types of contractors you may use and the kind of hacking activities you can do in a HDB, as well as approvals, there are several rules and regulations that are particular to kitchen design renovation:
- When it comes to plumbing, only work with a PUB (Public Utilities Board) registered plumber.
- When it comes to pipes, you are not allowed to install any new concealed pipes when upgrading your kitchen. All new pipes must be installed outside.
- General renovations can only be done on weekdays and Saturdays between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- For the floor: Before placing floor finishes in toilets, a waterproofing membrane is applied on the cement screed. This keeps any water from leaking through the flooring and into the flat below yours’ ceiling. If you need to hack floor tiles, you should waterproof them properly to prevent water leaking. For this reason, the HDB/toilet developer’s floor and wall finishes shall not be replaced for a period of three years after the block’s completion date. You can, however, use ad hoc methods to place new toilet floor finishes over existing ones.
Factors that determine your kitchen renovation cost
Partial and comprehensive renovations are the two types of renovations in singapore. Of course, these are the most important aspects that will influence the cost of your kitchen renovation Singapore. We has compiled a list of some of the most important and common factors of kitchen renovation cost:
- First, decide what will remain the same and what will be changed.
- If all you need is to dismantle existing cabinets and install new ones, you’ll have to pay for hacking and new cabinets. The cost of new cabinets is determined on their length.
- If you’re planning a complete renovation singapore, you’ll need to account for the expense of cutting the tiles, purchasing and installing new ones, as well as labor costs. Don’t forget to factor in the expense of installing new cabinets.
- Because the kitchen is a wet space, proper waterproofing and ponding (applying static pressure by pounding water on the inside face to identify water leakage) testing are required. This will also increase your expenses.
- Finally, there is the cost of hauling the tiles once they have been installed, as well as the cost of acid-washing the tiles.
Things to keep in mind before renovating with interior designers
According to our interior designer, there are five important factors to consider when determining the cost of your kitchen renovation:
- Space: You should obviously measure the space you’re working with so you know how many workers you’ll need for the restoration. More space would imply more personnel, equipment, and, as a result, more labor hours.
- Check over the arrangement in your HDB kitchen to see whether it’s something you can work with. A modification in layout would entail astronomical costs.
- Type of storage: Before you start renovating your kitchen, make a preliminary estimate of how much storage you’ll need. Because you will soon realize that this has a significant impact on the cost of your kitchen renovation.
- Type of stove: Make a note of whether you need an induction or a gas stove.
- Type of kitchen: Do you cook on a regular basis or will your kitchen resemble a display kitchen? Heavy cooking necessitates a slew of additional expenses in the kitchen. As a result, make sure you make this selection ahead of time.
Kitchen renovation budget estimates
Your kitchen makeover budget is determined by a variety of things, but if you’re solely interested in carpentry work, you can expect to spend roughly S$5,000. On the other hand, if you’re seeking to do some general hacking and renovation, expect to spend between S$10,000 and S$15,000.
Tips to reduce the renovation cost
While there are several ways to save money on kitchen renovations, the following are a few fast tips:
- Save money on materials: Choosing budget-friendly countertop and backsplash materials will go a long way toward lowering the entire renovation cost.
- Designs for carpentry: Choosing a carpentry design that is reasonably simple is a fantastic approach to save money. It doesn’t have to be dull; it just has to be less complicated.
- Work with tiles: Instead of totally hacking and installing new tiles, save a lot of money by simply overlaying them.
If your are looking for Best Kitchen Interior Design Company
In Gambas Crescent Singapore, it may seem like there is an endless variety to choose from. The challenge becomes narrowing down your choices and finding the best fit for your specific needs.
Todzterior would be happy to provide any consultation or guidance you need in order to make these decisions so that you can find what works best for your space.
What Ideas You Might Want? Let us know by contacting us